- significant payroll tax cuts (including payroll tax holiday for added workers or increased wages)
- a proposal to continue the ability to fully expense new investments through 2012
- tax credits for hiring unemployed veterans and long-term unemployed workers. If you are planning on growing your workforce, these could add up to $1,000s in credits
- provisions aimed at reforming and removing some regulatory obstacles to accessing capital
- a plan to launching large scale infrastructure projects that may create opportunity for construction industry trades
We’ll keep watch on this Bill as it enters Congress. There are many economic development components which are near and dear to our overall corporate mission.
For a deeper overview go to: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/08/fact-sheet-american-jobs-act